With the election of Donald Trump, and his acquiescence to the courts in their illegitimate pronouncements, civil marriage has been abandoned by the Republican Party. Conservatives and libertarians now bow to judicial supremacy, and either accept our nation’s fate or call for the abolition of civil marriage—an anarchy difficult to find advocated among even anti-family radicals in the Democratic Party. Yet no doubt they all would be happy to join together to finish marriage off. Marx and Engels would be—well, proud.
Indeed, “pride” is the buzzword in politics today—and that’s not a good thing.
The Bible says:
- “The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate.” (Proverbs 8:13)
- ”God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)
- “God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; and spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; and turn[ed] the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly[.]” (2 Peter 2:4-6)
- “Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.” (Proverbs 16:5)
- “The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul. Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.” (Proverbs 16: 17-18)
We’ve got to humble ourselves, seek the Lord’s face, and turn from our wicked ways—or He won’t hear our prayers nor heal our land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
The abandonment of marriage is a national security risk. So the Life and Liberty Report invites you to join Fight for Marriage, to urge Americans to not wave the white—or rainbow—flag so easily.
Go to FightforMarriage.org.